Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

1. Which of the following materials has the lowest

Customer Question
dielectric constant? A. Polystyrene B. Glass C. Mica 2...
1. Which of the following materials has the lowest dielectric constant?
A. Polystyrene
B. Glass
C. Mica
2. A series RLC circuit contains an inductor with a value of 200 millihenries and a capacitor with a value of
0.1 microfarad. What is the resonant frequency of this circuit?
A. 1,126 Hz
B. 2,521 Hz
C. 564 Hz
D. 968 Hz
3. When creating an impedance triangle for a series RC circuit, the capacitive reactance is plotted on the
A. X axis.
B. Y axis.
C. Z axis.
D. hypotenuse.
4. A series RC circuit contains a 0.5 microfarad capacitor and a 500 ohm resistor. The circuit is operating
at a frequency of 2,000 Hz. What is the impedance of the circuit?
A. 809 ohms
B. 525 ohms
C. 500 ohms
D. 2,006 ohms
5. If a circuit's frequency increases, the capacitive reactance
A. will decrease.
B. will also increase.
C. and the phase angle will both remain constant.
D. will remain constant, but the phase angle will change.
6. In which one of the following figures is current flow the highest through the capacitor?
A.
B.
C.
D.
7. In a series RC circuit, if the resistance is 8,000 ohms and X is 6,000 ohms, what is the impedance of the
circuit?
A. 8,600 ohms
B. 10,000 ohms
C. 9,200 ohms
D. 14,000 ohms
8. In a capacitive AC circuit, the current is
A. lagging the voltage.
B. leading the voltage.
C. in phase with the voltage.
D. unrelated to the voltage.
Use the figure above to answer the following question.
9. What is the capacitive reactance of the circuit in the illustration?
A. 45,297
B. 39,809
C. 65,205
D. 33,204
10. What is the capacitive reactance of a 1 µF capacitor at a frequency of 60 Hz?
A. 26,549
B. 13,120
C. 1324
D. 2654
11. If the frequency to the circuit decreases, the capacitive reactance
A. will also decrease.
B. will increase.
C. remains constant but the phase angle changes.
D. remains constant as does the phase angle.
12. A series RC circuit contains a 0.01 microfarad capacitor and a 2,000 ohm resistor, and has a frequency
of 500 HZ. What is the impedance of the circuit?
A. 52,285 ohms
B. 90,285 ohms
C. 42,164 ohms
D. 31,910 ohms
13. Which of the following materials would not be used as a dielectric material in a capacitor?
A. Tantalum
B. Polystyrene
C. Paper
D. Aluminum foil
14. A circuit contains three capacitors, a 0.05 µF, a 0.002 µF, and a 0.15 µF capacitor in series. What is
the total capacitance of this circuit?
A. .202 µF
B. 0.0019 µF
C. 106 µF
D. 0.0114 µF
15. A series RC circuit has a source voltage of 24 VAC and an impedance of 252 ohms. What is the circuit
current?
A. 95 A
B. 0.095 A
C. 0.95 A
D. 9.5 A
16. If a 0.02 µF capacitor is in an AC circuit with a frequency of 1kH, what is the capacitive reactance?
A. 6224
B. 3981
C. 15,924
D. 7962
17. What would be the resonant frequency for a series RLC circuit with the following components: a 1 kV
resistor, a 900 mH inductor, and a 0.014 mF capacitor?
A. 16,790 Hz (rounded)
B. 44.86 Hz (rounded)
C. 22.29 mHz (rounded)
D. 35.46 kHz (rounded)
18. What is the phase angle in the circuit in the illustration?
A. 1.007°
B. 48.0°
C. 16.4°
D. 8.051°
19. An AC circuit contains a 0.01 microfarad capacitor and 0.06 micro farad capacitor that are connected
in series. What is the total capacitance of this circuit?
A. 0.0086 microfarad
B. 0.086 microfarad
C. 0.007 microfarad
D. 0.07 microfarad
20. What is the circuit current for the circuit in the illustration?
A. 124 mA
B. 58 mA
C. 29 mA
D. 23 mA
21. What is the impedance of the circuit shown in the illustration?
A. 5342
B. 1335
C. 1278
D. 11,752
End of exam
22. Which of the following materials has the highest dielectric constant?
A. Polypropylene
B. Mica
C. Paper
D. Glass
23. What is the time constant of a 0.1 microfarad capacitor and a 10,000 ohm resistor that are connected in
series?
A. 0.01 second
B. 1,000 microseconds
C. 1 second
D. 10 milliseconds
24. What is the circuit current in the circuit in the illustration?
A. 29 mA
B. 125 µA
C. 18 mA
D. 58 mA
25. A 0.015 micro arad capacitor and 0.125 microfarad capacitor are connected in parallel in a circuit.
What is the total capacitance of this circuit?
A. 0.140 microfarad
B. 0.135 microfarad
C. 0.110 microfarad
D. 0.120 microfarad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/27/2016
Electrician: mesosphereman,
 replied 2 years ago
mesosphereman

Hello! What is your deadline for this work?

its due on friday
Electrician: mesosphereman,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks.

To complete all 25 problems I would ask for a 13 dollar bonus. If this is OK, I'll get started.

Also, can you provide the exact deadline (date, time and timezone) so that I can make sure to be done in time?

Electrician: mesosphereman,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you still need this work?

Mike, Master Electrician