Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

House lights flickering, ***** *****
, every light in…

Customer Question
House lights flickering...

House lights flickering , ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Every light in house flickers , took off main panel and i here a faint popping noise comming from main breaker

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/26/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Flickering lights throughout the entire home indicate either a loose service entrance conductor connection at the meter socket or main breaker lugs or possibly a loose main breaker connection onto the panel hot bus bars. The sound that you are hearing is most likely arcing taking place.

2) For safety reasons, I recommend that you kill power to the home by leaving the main breaker in the OFF position and contact a local licensed electrical contractor to confirm the problem. Loose service entrance wires or a loose main breaker is an area that you don't want to mess around with.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Thanks...............Kevin:)