Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My control box just started tripping and I have had to reset…

Customer Question
My control box just...

My control box just started tripping and I have had to reset it twice in the last week. My name is ***** *****.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All I know is there is no water but when I push the reset on the bottm it starts puming into the pressure tank again.

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I have just a few minutes right now but could come back later.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2016
Electrician: ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor

This could be a problem in the control box - a relay, a capacitor, or both or it could be a problem with the pump motor itself. Do you have a good multimeter? If you want to troubleshoot can you upload a picture of the control box with the cover off? Thank you Ken