Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Fan and light will not turn on. replaced battery in remote.

Customer Question
fan and light will not...
fan and light will not turn on. replaced battery in remote. still nothing. checked circuit breakers. still nothing. should I call an electrician or just buy a new unit? It's a Hunter fan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/21/2016
Electrician: Wayne Roberts, Electrical Technician replied 2 years ago
Wayne Roberts
Wayne Roberts, Electrical Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your hunter fan.

Do you have a wire tester?

If we can examine the switch box or the fan electric box we can verify if the problem is with the fan or your homes power.

This sounds like a lost conductor, if you can find it and terminate it back properly it should be an easy fix.

Buuut, you will have to work with live wires and probably splice something back together. I am assuming the fan/light was working and just stopped one day.