Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Please verify via this cutsheet, figure J on the last page…

Customer Question
please verify via this cutsheet...
please verify via this cutsheet, figure J on the last page single phase
https://www.platt.com/CutSheets/Actuant/AcmeBuck-Boost-Transformers.pdf
what is my input?
what is my output?
seems like H4 and X1 are my input
wire nut x2 and x3
H4+H2 & H1+X4 are my outputs?
is this correct?
seems wierd
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/19/2016
Electrician: Steve G., Electrical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Steve G., Electrical Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

That is correct. H4 and X1 are your inputs.

H4 and H1 are your outputs.

Remember this is a buck boost transformer - you have a common conductor (the one on H4). The transformer either adds or subtracts a small amount of voltage - it doesn't work like a traditional transformer with completely separate input and output connections.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Steve