Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a hunter ceiling fan model 23487-300 t with remote

Customer Question
that has stopped working. Fan...
I have a hunter ceiling fan model 23487-300 t with remote that has stopped working. Fan doesn't operate and neither does the light.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/15/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Please confirm if this fan model contains a receiver that is located inside the ceiling canopy cover?

2) Have you checked the DIP switch settings on the receiver and the handheld transmitter to make sure they are matching?

3) Does the handheld transmitter contain a fresh battery?

4) Does the fan and light kit contain pull chains or only controlled by the remote control?

5) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take voltage measurements at the ceiling box splices and at the receiver output?

Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The requests for information by the previous expert are required in order to provide an answer. I'll stand by for the info.

Mike, Master Electrician