Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Rob single post double switch, i tried different bulbs and i

Customer Question
Customer: rob single post double...
Customer: rob single post double switch, i tried different bulbs and i double checked all connections
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have power coming to the switch when flipped on both line outs have power. but nothing is going to the lights that i can tell.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/11/2016
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please confirm the situation.

You state that you have power into the switch and also out of the switch except the lights do not operate, is this correct?

What type of voltage tester do you have?

The switch has 2 brass screws only, correct?

What type of lights are these? Incandescent, LED or Fluorescent?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Mike, Master Electrician