How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 150amp, 480 volt, 3-phase main breaker in a fire

Customer Question

I have a 150amp, 480 volt, 3-phase main breaker in a fire pump disconnect. I'm having the utility company bring in a separate service to exterior meter socket. Local utility company will only bring 4- wire system to building so will have 277/480 volt meter ped. I figured they would stop the unneeded natural conductor in the ped but they are requesting that it stop at first main service disconnect in this case fire pump control panel. Over all I'm trying to size the non-needed neutral conductor as small as possible since there will never be any load on it. Everything is leading me to go off table 250.66 which 1/0 is required for 150amp feeder so #6cu or #4AL should be the minimum size conductor I can use.... Correct or ?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You are correct. Check Art250.102 C 1.