Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have an outside electrical box .one side works the other

Customer Question

i have an outside electrical box .one side works the other doesnt i replaced the gfci outlet . it still didnt work. i then replaced the curcuit breaker .its still not working but when i reset the gfci outlet i get a red light instead of green
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest checking your wire connections on the GFCI first. Make sure both the hot and neutral are on the "LINE" terminations. Also check to see if the ground wire has touched the neutral termination. That happen a lot. You should also use a 2 wire voltage tester to verify 120V on the incoming line. Let me know if that corrects the problem