Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WIRE A SHUNT TRIP BREAKER KITCHEN

Customer Question

HI I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WIRE A SHUNT TRIP BREAKER FOR A KITCHEN HOOD . I NEVER DONE IT BEFORE AND I HAVE A JOB COMING UP IT HAS 2 - 3 PHASE DRYERS AND 2 -120 V OUTLETS AND THE ANSUL SYSTEM TO THE MUA AND EXAUST FAN
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** i would like to help you with this issue. What specifically are you looking for help with? Do you have name plate rating on all the equipment you want to service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS NEW CONSTRUCTION THE DRAWINGS ASK FOR 2 FRYERS 60 AMP 3 PHASE AND 2 120V OUTLETS

any way i can get a pdf of the drawings? This will make my services much more effective. Also, if you want me to engineer this kitchen circuit its going to take more than a few minutes of conversation :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS KITCHEN HOOD HAS NO CONTROLS I HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER FOR THE EXAUST FANS AND THE MUA I WILL INSTALL A CONTACTOR TO THE EX AND THE MUA ALL I NEED IS HOW TO WIRE THE SHUNT TRIP BREAKERS

Can I have manufacturer and any other relevant specs on the breaker?

and I will also need the manufacture and model f the Make Up Air unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHEN THE MUA SHUTS OFF IT NEEDS TO SHUT OFF THE OUTLETS UNDER THE HOOD ALSO THE SHUNT TRIP NEEDS A CONTROL 120 V WIRE THATS MY QUESTION HOW I DO THAT .
I AM RUNNING A CKT TO THE MICRO SWITCH TO SHUT OFF MY CONTACTOR TO THE MUA AND LIGHTS THE EXAUST WILL STAY RUNNING
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DONT GET WHY YOU NEED THE MAKE UO AIR MANUFACTURED IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTLETS AND THE FRYERS

Ok, now i am following you.

could this "micro switch" be described as an "auxiliary contactor"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WELL THE ANSUL SYSTEM HAS THE MICRICRO SWITCH WHICH I SUPPLY 120 AND HAS A NO -NC

Shew, ok i am following you. The 120v to the shunt trip comes from the switch that controls the exhaust fans,l hood lights ect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) See attached drawing:

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise,don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks…………..Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks…………..Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks…………..Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks…………..Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)