Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

We just installed a new oven, and the installer said that

Customer Question

Customer: We just installed a new oven, and the installer said that there is only one leg of electric current. The ovens do not heat. Could this be the breaker?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The oven is on a separate 220 V circuit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I have to leave but will be back in a few hours.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You'll need to open the junction box where it's connected, tell me how many and what color are the house wires. I'll then tell you what to test.