Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a 3 wire coming in... i want to go to a gfce and then

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 3 wire coming in... i want to go to a gfce and then to another plug from there... i have a 2 pole breaker this 3 wire has never been used... it is in my stable
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the gfci will be on the outside of the arens and then underground to a plug for the electric fence the three wile is hanging inside the arena... not hooked to anythoing at either end was pre wired
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE can you send a drawing....lol
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so you have 3 wire ( black, white, ground ) coming in the box from the panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black white red and ground
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

ok. As I assume you want to have one circuit for gfci and another for outlet or you the outlet downstream gfci so that gfci will be protecting the outlet downstream?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

well yes on which one? one circuit for both and have gfci protecting the outlet downstream or 2 circuits, one for gfci and one for the outlet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind just forget it,,, would rather it in writing...
i will just go somewhere and get a drawing
don't hit my credit card...forget it...
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

No problem but whoever you will ask they will need that information as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks ... have a good day... i need to know more first