Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Does the wall box contain 2 separate light switches and you want 1 switch to control the fan and the 2nd switch to control the fan light?
Thanks for the replies.
1) Please confirm, the 3 house wires at the fan box connection are black, red and white, correct?
2) If the house wire colors are correct, turn the circuit breaker to the OFF position and temporarily back out each wall switch from the box, but DO NOT disconnect any wires.
How many wires and the wire colors terminating to each switch?
3) What are the wire colors on the fan? Black, red and a white?
No, a ground wire will either be a green or a bare copper or a yellow/green tracer wire.
Please answer my questions below as this determines how the fan needs to be conencted?
3) What are the wire colors on the fan? Black, red and a white or 2 blacks and 1 white?
1) Is the wall switch a combo switch or 2 separately installed switches?
2) Can you take a picture of the switch or switches backed out from the wall box so I can see what you have in place?
1) What type of switch or switches are installed?
A combo switch in the link below?
2) Or do you have 2 separate switches like the one shown in the link below?