How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7598
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wondering about the process to upgrade my electrical service

Customer Question

Wondering about the process to upgrade my electrical service panel
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Give me a few details about your existing service.

Overhead or underground

Service panel location.

Fuses or circuit breakers.

Picture of where it is on the exterior. Need to know about windows and height.

List of major appliances and electric heat

Water service- metal pipe or plastic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All im really curious about is the part when dealing with pg&e and having the power cut off to the house so im able to actually put a larger size panel up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100amp service panel now needing to upgrade to a slightly larger panel
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Usually a service order is placed with the Distribution Dept. The service can be cut allowing for the work to be done. You need to have the completed upgrade inspected and then the utility will reconnect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok gotcha, thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.