Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) What house wire was the original light fixture spliced to in the ceiling box? A pink and a white or a black and a white?
2) How many individual ceiling box wires and the wire colors?
3) Does the fan have pull chains?
Thanks for the replies.
1) I need to understand what a set of wires is?
Does the ceiling box have 4 white, 4 blacks, 4 pinks and 4 coppers? Please provide the individual count of ceiling wires and the colors in quantities? Which wire colors are spliced together?
2) Turn the branch circuit breaker to the OFF position and temporarily back out each of the 3-way switches from the wall but DO NOT disconnect any wires. What is the wire color that lands on each switch at the black screw terminal labeled as "Common"?
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open question board. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified once another expert picks up the question. Thanks.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I've read your posts and need to know
1) colors of wires connected on both switches.
2) color of wires on the black screws of both switches.
They need more than 2 wires to be 3 way switches. Do you mean 2 blacks and 1 red?