Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Trying to install a hunter ghbury fan. I have two wall

Customer Question

Trying to install a hunter Highbury fan. I have two wall switches one for the light,and a second for the fan. The second one is a rheostat. I am wiring to the one for the light. I am trying to test he connections before a button every thing up. First question, will the fan run without the blades and the lights attached?
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Essentially I followed the steps in the manual with the fun and no luck. The old fan had blue, black, white and a ground at the top.
I have the yellow and green from fan and plastic piece of canopy gong to ceiling copper.
What is throwing me off is that there is a yellow wire on the hunter receiver, model K2431-01. Currently have it going to black fan wire.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The yellow wire is the receiver antenna and shouldn't have been connected to any other wires. It is very well possible that the receiver is no longer operable due to the midwife.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for helping me.
The yellow is not the antenna.
See attached wiring diagram from receiver.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

New one on me. This unit changed the color code, must have ran out of black wire. From the diagram, you had it connected properly. Is the pullchan switch in the on position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My first question was actually the more appropriate.
I had it right. You have to have the whole thing put together to test the connections.
I can't believe they don't have a test procedure after you do the connections.
So basically if you don't have it wired right, you have to take a lot of it apart to get back at the wires.
That is really short sighted.
Anyway thanks for your help.
Hopefully you can use the photos to help someone else.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I though of one more thing. If that remote pair doesn't have dip switches, you need to sync it by holding either the light or fan button while pushing the on button. That should have been in the instructions. Check to verify and try it.