Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Goodmornng. I have a Dayton industrial electric heater model

Customer Question
Goodmornng. I have a Dayton...
Goodmornng. I have a Dayton industrial electric heater model 1RKT9A .I bought an extension cord 220 v , to make the connection. The extension cord has a green , white , and black cable , and the heaters imput has , T1 , T2 , and T3. How can I make the connection.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
10/31/2015
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Your question is more electrical in nature than it is HVAC. Typically, the wiring up TO the unit is covered by electricians, and the wiring within the unit is covered by HVAC techs. That being the case, I have asked the Moderators to move your question to the electrical category.

While we wait for your question to be moved, I'll look up the specs on your heater.

I see two different model numbers posted, in reference to your heater... 1RKT5A, and 1RKT9A.

Hopefully, you have the 1RKT5A, since it operates on single phase power. Assuming you will be using the heater in a residence, you would not have 3 phase power available there.

Ok I undestand that , I just want to know how to make the connection to the heater .

No problem. I just need to know for sure which model number you have, because they connect differently. Also, your power supply wires should go to terminals marked L1 and L2, not T1, T2, etc.

Are you able to post a wiring diagram from your heater? I have wiring diagrams for several models open on my computer screen. But I can't tell you which diagram to use (or how to connect it) until I know for sure which unit you have.

Ok , but that is what the heater reads . But I'll double check and I'll get back with you .and is an 1RKT5A Model

I made some notes on a wiring diagram that matches your unit. I'll post it here.

It appears Microsoft Paint cut off the last word of the red text I put on the wiring diagram. That word is "source".

How would the connection to the 1RKT9A would be .

Let me check. I still have it on my screen. Do you mind standing by?

Mike, Master Electrician