How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7532
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking at replacing a 100 amp panel with a 125 amp panel.

Customer Question

looking at replacing a 100 amp panel with a 125 amp panel. the one I want is a lug panel. Can I install a 125 anp plug in breaker for the main.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. The label on the panel will list the restrictions for breaker size. In most, a breaker of that size would not be allowed for the panel listing.