Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Hunter Type G fan that is missing the lighting and

Customer Question
controls. I want to...
I have a Hunter Type G fan that is missing the lighting and controls. I want to use it in a community theatre production on low speed. I don't need the lights and it will bee turned on and off from the lighting booth. Can I wire it to do that without getting the control module? It will not turn on as it is.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
10/30/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. The fan will either have a 3 wire or a 2 wire lead to be wired. The 3 wire may be controlled by a switch leg for both the fan and the light independently. A 2 wire will require a remote for operation. Both have internal wiring to where the light kit is attached.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician