Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I'm a retired electrician and motor rewinder. at 76 i still

Customer Question

I'm a retired electrician and motor rewinder. at 76 i still help electricians out sorting out motor problems.
Tis one i have brought into me is giving me some problems, It is a Brooks Crompton Betts motor, G122VVB-B01
230 volt 2200 watt CSCR 13.5 amp class B130, 2 pole motor.They have disconnected the capacitors and internal wiring, and forgotten which wire goes were. I was hoping to get hold of a wiring diagram to show me the colours of the wires and were to put them. This would save me having to dissmantle the motor and trace the wiring. Can you help with this. I was told the run capacitor had blown, they tried a new one but it didn't work, Can you help, regards ***** *****
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

The motor is missing the nameplate? Or is it still intact?

If still intact, post a picture.

How many leads and are they labeled a T leads or color coded?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay. I had a doctors appointment to day so has held me up. However I am home now.
The problem is i have had this electric motor brought to me for repairs ( It is a Brooks Crompton Betts motor, G122VVB-B01 230 volt 2200 watt CSCR 13.5 amp class B130, 2 pole motor. They have disconnected the capacitors and internal wiring, and forgotten which wire goes were. I was hoping to find a connection diagram to show were to connect the wires. This would save having to dismantle the motor and physically trace and identify the internal wiring. The wiring from the coils etc are colour coded but there is no information on the motor to show were they should go.
But since asking for help to find a circuit diagram I have dismantled the motor and traced and identified the wiring and connected it up. So the problem is solved. A circuit diagram for the motor would have saved me a few hours of work.
Thank you all the same for answering my call for assistance. I have this problem many times when unqualified persons try to fix electrical problems and end up causing a big mess to sort out. Regards ***** *****

Ok, very good. Glad is all well now.

Thanks for the update Henry