Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

00680701

Customer Question
00680701
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.Practical Exercise
Advanced Electrical Work
When you feel confident that you have mastered the material in this practical exercise, complete
the following examination. Then submit only your answers to the school for grading, using one of
the examination answer options described in your “Test Materials” envelope. Send your answers
for this examination as soon as you complete it. Do not wait until another examination is ready.
Questions 1–20: Select the one best answer to each question.
1. Figure A-1 is a one-line diagram representing a service entrance. The black box with the letter C in
the center of it represents panel C. How is it possible for you to determine from this diagram if panel C
is a single-phase panel or a three-phase panel?
A. Because the conductors feeding panel C are installed in 2 ½-inch conduit.
B. The letter C is a standard code that identifies it as single-phase.
C. The four #3/0 conductors feeding it most probably identify it as three-phase, but looking at a
three-line diagram of the same system would tell me for sure if it’s single-phase or three-phase.
D. All time clocks are single-phase, so it must be single-phase since it has a time clock connected to
it.
17
EXAMINATION NUMBER:
00680701
Whichever method you use in submitting your exam
answers to the school, you must use the number above.
For the quickest test results, go to
http://www.takeexamsonline.com
2. Using the one-line diagram in Figure A-1, how many #12 wires would you install for the roof-top
receptacle circuit, and how did you determine this quantity?
A. I would install three #12 conductors to it because the line representing the circuit has three slash
marks (///) on it.
B. I would install three #12 conductors to it because the receptacle is rated at 120 volts.
C. I would install four #12 conductors to it because all roof-top receptacles have four #12 wires connected
to them.
D. I can’t determine how many #12 conductors to install to the rooftop receptacle circuit by looking at
this one-line diagram.
3. The one-line diagram in Figure A-1 shows that beside the conduit to panel C, the electrician must also
install an empty 2 ½-inch conduit to the meter socket. Based on what you’ve learned about service
entrance equipment, what will this conduit be used for?
A. Another panel that will be connected at a later time
B. Ancillary equipment conductors such as telephone and cable television
C. The service conductors from the utility company
D. A structural support for the meter socket
4. An electrician is given the panel schedule shown in Figure A-2. The electrician must collect all the
breakers needed for the listed branch circuits. A main breaker isn’t required at this time. By examining
the panel schedule, determine the pole and amperage combination for each of the breakers and
chose the correct list of breakers from the choices listed below.
A. 24 single-pole 20 amp, 21 single-pole 70 amp, 3 single-pole 225 amp breakers
B. 24 single-pole 20 amp, 7 three-pole 70 amp, 1 three-pole 225 amp breakers
C. 24 single-pole 20 amp, 12 single-pole 70 amp, 3 three-pole 70 amp, 1 three-pole 225 amp breakers
D. 8 three-pole 20 amp, 7 three-pole 70 amp, 1 three-pole 225 amp breakers
18 Examination
C
#12
METER SOCKET
2 1/2" EMPTY CONDUIT
INSTALL WITH GROUNDING
BUSHING 4 - #3/0 CU THHN CONDUCTORS
IN 2-1/2" CONDUIT
INTERMATIC NO. A367 TIME CLOCK
TO ROOF-TOP RECEPTACLE
3- #12 AWG IN 3/4" CONDUIT
FIGURE A-1—Use this diagram to answer Questions 1–3.
Examination 19
SALES AREA LIGHTING 3.7
ABC
LOAD (KW)
11020E
SALES AREA LIGHTING 3.3 31020E
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
3.3 51020E
3.3 71020E
3.3 91020E
3.3 111020
13
15
17
19
21
23
25
27
29
31
33
35
37
39
41
43
45
47
49
51
53
55
57
59
61
63
65
67
69
71
73
75
77
79
81
83
8
8
10
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
20
20
20
20
20
20
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
E
E
E
E
T
T
T
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
LUMBER CANOPY LIGHTING
SPARE
SPARE
SPARE
RTU #1
RTU #2
RTU #3
RTU # *****
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
SPACE ONLY
THESE SIX (6) SPACES
ARE RESERVED FOR SUB-FEED KIT
TOTAL CONN. LOAD 404.2 KVA, 486.2 AMPERE CODE BREAKER
WIRE SIZE
CIRCUIT #
ABC
10 20 E
10 20 E
10 20 E
10 20 E
10 20 E
10 20
8
10
4/0
4/0
4/0
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
20
20
20
20
20
20
225
225
225
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
70
E
E
E
T
T
T
T
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
ABC
LOAD (KW)
2 SALES AREA LIGHTING
4 SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
SALES AREA LIGHTING
6
8
10
12
14
16
18
20
22
24
26
28
30
32
36
38
40
42
44
46
48
50
52
54
56
58
60
62
64
66
68
70
72
74
76
78
80
82
84
LUMBER CANOPY LIGHTING
SPARE
SPARE
please dont send these answers
please send me examination #00690700
Answered in 1 day by:
10/14/2015
Electrician: educatortech,
 replied 2 years ago
educatortech

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

educatortech
educatortech
educatortech