Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Every time i turn my well pump on it trips my switch is it

Customer Question
the switch or pump...
every time i turn my well pump on it trips my switch is it the switch or pump
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

If the switch you are referencing, is actually the circuit breaker, then the problem would be with the pump motor.

If there is a control cabinet for the pump, it may have capacitors inside and that could be the issue.

The capacitors help to start and run the motor once up to speed.

If one is bad, it make take too high of current to get the motor up to speed and so it trips the breaker.

If it has a control cabinet, you can open it up and get the make and model , then post the info and maybe the specs will can be obtained and we can look it over for something possible instead of the actual pump motor.

I am sure it is an in ground pump which would take some work to change out, so would like to be sure it isnt something else first.

Let me know what you find and post and we can continue,

Thanks

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician