How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kevin Your Own Question
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 3528
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Kevin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We purchase pre-wired panel boxes that use 480v. How do we

Customer Question

Customer: We purchase pre-wired panel boxes that use 480v. How do we certify our assembly personnel to run wires to the motors from the panel boxes?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Per OSHA, is the person connecting the panel box wires to the motors required to be certified?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What is your question?

2) 1st off, I've never heard of any panelboard that is pre-wired from any manufacturer. I need more details on this?

3) 480 volts suggests that this is an industrial application and it is always recommended that an electrician wiring any panel should be a licensed electrician with industrial experience as well as with completing OSHA electrical safety training classes.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.