Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am in the UK and have purchased a Bosch PKE611D17E_BK hob.

Customer Question
It has 5 connections: 1,2,3,4...
I am in the UK and have purchased a Bosch PKE611D17E_BK hob. It has 5 connections: 1,2,3,4, and 5 but there are 3 wires to connect to it: L, N, and Earth. How do I connect them please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2015
Electrician: Steve G., Electrical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Steve G., Electrical Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I am also originally from the UK and did an electrician's apprenticeship there. I am now in the US so I can't call you but the answer here is very easy.

You should have been provided with some copper links. If you look at the five terminals, 1,2,3,4,5 and earth, you would tie together 1,2 and 3. Connect those to the hot live wire 'L'.

Then, connect together 4 and 5. Connect those to the neutral 'N'.

Connect the earth and you should be good to go.

The reason for this is that some European dwellings have a multiphase electrical systems, especially larger homes where these hobs may be installed. Yours is a single phase so we tie the terminals together.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Cheers.

Steve

Steve G., Electrical Engineer