Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have three Hampton bay ceiling fans with lights Model

Customer Question
I have three Hampton bay...
I have three Hampton bay ceiling fans with lights
Model uc7078t 3 speed.with light /dimmer
We bought our house but they haven't worked because I don't believe they are not synced up correctly
What is the procedure to sync the remotes with the lighting fixtures
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
9/28/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

You posted about the light kits on the fan, does the remote work the fans?

All 3 fans use the same type remote?

Do the fans also have pull chain switches for individually shutting off the lights/fans?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

the remote is suppose to operate the fansWe were told that one remote works the two in main room and the other is to operate the one in the bedroom
There is not a pull chain on the fans

Ok,

Maybe the question was mis-understood.

Are the fans working?

Just the lights are not operating?

Or are both fans and lights not working at all?

Trying to see if the issue is the frequency or not. If the fans work now using the remotes, then they are on the same frequency.

lights operate on the same frequency, there is no difference.

You might try a different one, check the small slide switches in the remote where the battery goes and and then the fan has the same switches either on the top or at the the light kit mounting area.

Change them to a different setting, and make sure they match.

If only the lights still do not work, then we may need a voltage tester to see if it is in the light kits or possibly a wattage limiter inside the fan.

Take all the bulbs out except for one and see if any difference in operation as they fail often.

Keep me posted.

Thanks

How do I access the frequency buttons on the fan
They are not visible and I don't want to start taking apart they fan housing unnecessarily

Not having the fan model numbers, I can only give the 2 most frequent locations.

1. On top of the fan, you drop the light kit down and then the , there may be a cap that slides down the rod and sits on top of the fan.

Lifting the cap up exposes the switches

2. The second most often, is where the light kit attaches to the fan, you drop the light kit down and then the receiver is right there between the light kit and the fan housing.

If in neither location , need the model number of the fans.

Before even doing all that, do as I suggested and only have one bulb in the light kit if it has more than one and be sure it is low wattage, then test the lights again.

If the problem is the wattage limiters because some used too big of bulbs at some point, then they may either work with one lamp or have failed completely.

The other key which I have asked, is DO THE FANS WORK?

My apologies I thought you had the model number
I gave it in my initial request. They must not have forwarded to youModel UC7078T

I have the remote model, that is what you posted.

The fan model numbers are the ones we dont have yet, but until you can do all the items listed, it is not needed yet.

The problem is the frequency settings
I need to know how to sync them

I have posted the information to find the switches twice, have you looked yet?

Also, asked if the Fans work?

Or are both light and fans NOT operating?

Once you can confirm we will know if it has anything to do with the communication.

Then the actual fan model numbers are needed if you are unable to find the switches either on top or in the light kit.

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician