How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AssuredElectrical Your Own Question
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 4241
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
AssuredElectrical is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking replacement ac-dc adapter manufactured by

Customer Question

I am looking for a replacement for an ac-dc adapter manufactured by Changzhou Riyi model number JXD-240020-IP20. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

AC adapters that come with lighting and equipment are normally never available as spare parts.
Unfortunately, the companies feel the items are throw away and want us to purchase new ones.
They are mass produced for a specified item and once that production is met, they are no
longer made.
There may be some on the secondary market from individuals, such as ebay but not too

There are ways around this situation though, by getting the needed information
off the adapter.

We can find a suitable replacement for yours as many others will be comparable and work
perfectly fine, just a different make and model.

The key is the electrical specifications.

Look on the unit and look for the following:

AC input voltage
DC output voltage
MA rating or amps
What type of plug on the equipment end

Is this operating a light or equipment

Let me know and lets see what is available

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Input: 120VAC 60Hz 0.25A
Output: 24VDC 200mA
Class 2 power supply for either a vertical or floor mount position. This is used to operate small decorative lights.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks for the details.

Still need one more piece to puzzle so it will connect to what you have now,

What type of plug on the equipment end or is just the 2 wires?

Please also clarify, you posted vertical or wall mount?

This power supply does not plug into a receptacle?