Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Ceiling / light fan replacement

Customer Question

Ceiling / light fan replacement
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Will the fan and light kit both be controlled from 1 or 2 separate wall switches? Or controlled via a remote or pull chains?

2) Turn the circuit breaker to the OFF position and temporarily back the wall switch out from the wall but do not disconnect any wires. How many wires and what are the wire colors that terminate to the wall switch?

3) How many wires and the wire colors in the ceiling box? Any groups of white or black wires in the ceiling box that are spliced together?

4) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type of tester) or better yet, an AC volt meter available?