Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have three electrical cables in wall behind light switch.

Customer Question

I have three electrical cables in wall behind light switch. The three white wires coming out of the three cables are wound together. The copper ground wires are wound together. One black wire has tape at not connected to anything. The other two black wires were connected to the light switch. I want to extend the cable wires and place the switch in a more attractive and convenient place on the wall (about six inches) but the wires are too short. How do I connect my electrical extension cable to the existing wires?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please elaborate on the situation.

You are moving the switch, correct?

To a new box?

Will the old box still be in place and just use a blank cover?

Or will you be moving all the cables?

Let me know and we can continue.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already answered this question four times!!! NO I'M not moving all the cables! Why can't you respond???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't keep texting someone with all the info I've sent you over and over again. I need an answer. You don't respond. I've answered your questions so many times and in different ways!!! I even paid! But I get nothing in return except the same original questions that I've already answered!

Ok, apparently you are having problems with your web browser and the site.

There is nothing posted until your last post stating you have answered the questions.

I do not know what browser you are using, but Chrome and Firefox, I know work well., but nothing prior, maybe you used something different or it didn't post.

If you do not see it on your screen, I cannot see it

I see your last 2 posts

I will be glad to send this to customer service if you like for full refund if your browser is incompatible, please tell me what you are using so I can pass it along for them to evaluate.

sorry for the issues, but I am on a PC just as you are and have control over the site and postings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my computer browser now (Chrome) and there are no replies to my question here either. This is rather strange if you sent me a reply. I only see your first and last reply (asking what browser I am using). Can you send me the answer the same way your sent the last reply asking what browser I am using since I have already paid?

I will not be able to assist without the answers to the questions, and more detail on the situation, sorry.

It might be best If I put your question back to the board.

No need to respond, the site will notify you when the next expert posts.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. To extend the cables to a new location, I suggest using Tyco Splices. They are available at Home Depot for around $7.00 each. You'll need one for each cable. They are approved for being concieled in the wall.