Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Power went out and now four plugs on the same wall and the

Customer Question
ceiling fan and light sswitch...
power went out and now four plugs on the same wall and the ceiling fan and light sswitch don't work, all breakers are on but no power, when power came back on ceiling fan light worked for sec and cut off and no power since. do I need to change outlets and switch
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
8/31/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Do you know which circuit breaker controls the items that are now out?

Or can you go through the breakers one at a time to eliminate others?

Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester?

4 receptacles on the same wall are out? Nothing on other walls in the same room?

Receptacles are normally spaced 8 feet apart, how long is the wall?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician