Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

The breaker keeps blowing when I hook up every thing I'm

Customer Question

the breaker keeps blowing when I hook up every thing I'm doing a kitchen plug in red wire on top black wire on bottom right side white wire on the bottom screw and the ground on the green screw replacing the old style to a new style I'm sure I hooked it the same way
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll ge glad to assist you. Check the receptacle you removed. Look to see if thr bridge between the gold screws was cut. When there are 2 circuits to an outlet the bridge is cut to prevent the breakers from tripping.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.