How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AssuredElectrical Your Own Question
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 4241
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
AssuredElectrical is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a guest house at the back of my property with an

Customer Question

I have a guest house at the back of my property with an attached garage that I want to make a work shop. The guest house has a breaker panel that has an underground line coming in from the meter. I'd like a separate panel in the attached garage/workshop. Can i daisychain off of the existing panel?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist

You can install a sub panel in the garage from the main panel by adding a breaker in the main panel and wiring to the garage.

If you can provide the estimated loads, I can determine what size breaker and wire is needed for the sub panel..

You stated the garage is attached to the house, correct? Grounding is easier on attached than separated

Let me know and we can continue,