Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Taking out a 6" canned light to replace with a different

Customer Question
light. What can I use...
taking out a 6" canned light to replace with a different light. What can I use to hang the new light since most ceiling boxes are 4"
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
8/9/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Is the question about having the 6" opening and only being able to use a 4" n=box, leaving the space around the box open?

Or, is it something different?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

No I'm wondering what I use to mount the new fixture
are you still there?

You would use an old work bar hanger. It fits between the joists and then you tighten the bar through the opening and it snugs up between them.

It is rated for ceilings fans also as well as fixtures.

CLICK HERE to see one

There is a video on that page as well to view installation I believe

Thank you Tommy

You are most welcome, glad to assist.

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician