Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Take at look at the terminal block located on the back of the dryer towards the bottom. There should be 3 terminal screws that will terminate the 2 hots and 1 neutral.
2) The middle screw is where the white neutral wire lands.
3) The left and right most screws are where the black and red wires land. Does not matter if the black is on the left or right screw terminal. Same for the red...ie.....left or right screw terminal is OK. The black and red are the 2 hot wires.
4) The green is the equipment grounding wire. The green wire will land on a separate green grounding screw that is located near the terminal block and is part of the dryer frame.
5) If there is a bonding strap or a bonding jumper wire from the middle screw terminal to the green ground screw terminal, remove that jumper as you will no longer need it on a 4 wire dryer cord connection.
6) Refer to the link shown below under the "4 Wire Hook Up" as this is how the cord gets connected:
Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.
The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ……….Thanks…………..Kevin!