Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

In NYC, I recently received a violation by using 1/2" EMT &

Customer Question
In NYC, I recently received a...
In NYC,
I recently received a violation by using 1/2" EMT & 1/2 EMT Steel Set screw connector to support an exit sign in a pendant type installation . I do not see anything in the code tell me that this is a violation.
Can you direct me to the NEC Article that my inspector could not find?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
8/4/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. The thing to consider is that the Authority Having Jurisdiction can require installations being more than code requires. They no doubt want the fixture supported independent of the conduit connection. I'll look for an article in the NEC but none the less you'll need to comply with the NY Code Enforcement Inspector.

Article 410.36 says you can support a luminary from a conduit.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician