Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a craftmade ceiling fan model K52. The fan is making

Customer Question

I have a craftmade ceiling fan model K52. The fan is making a loud noise when running. Is there a way to oil the motor? The fan is 11 years old.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The noise of the fan is a humming noise. It maybe just time to replace it. It maybe in the winding of the motor.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Is the noise a strong humming type or a rattling type?Humming loud is from the motor itself. This could be caused by other components if experiencing slow starts or loss of speed.More of a rattling sound or heavy vibration when touching the housing would be related to motor bearings or even blade or bracket related.Motors would give out a HMMMMMM loudly.Let me know and we can continue,Thanks