The Home Smithy, Electrician
Experience:  Home electrician
3079445

I have hunter 22304 2 speed and trying to rewire it, the light

Customer Question

I have hunter 22304 2 speed and trying to rewire it, the light works but fan does not turn.
I have one wire coming from on /off speed control with I hooked to the red of the switch. The switch red to red, blue to blue and black to black
Category: Electrical
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.Are these wires in the fan or do they come from a wall switch?You should have two hot wires to control the speed unless the speed control is an electronic solid state unit or a rheostat. In that case only one wire will go to the switch. In that case it would go to the black wire and not the red.If this doesn't work please provide a picture of the switch and any other related components.Thank you.