Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Having trouble with a method of connecting a float switch and

Customer Question

Having trouble with a method of connecting a float switch and a chemica feed pump with a 1 hP 230v/7A water pump.....hooked up line voltage (L1) to one wire of the float; other wire of the float to the post of a 4 post kill switch, if effect breaking one leg......but when i ty in the leg of the Cl2 pump, it continues to pump after the float has righted itself....
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pump is mostly controlled by a pressure switch; cut-in at 42 psi, cut-out at 72 psi.....if the float is activated, both pump and chemical pump stop; if current pump pressure is below 42psi, when float is righted, then both start. But when the pressure (current or existing) is above 42, then the water pump does not start, but the CL 2 pump is energized, and starts to pump bleach into the line, (injector type).....with no flowing water going into the system, i get a higher than desired amt of disinfectant......
A couple of neighbors have suggested a control relay?? or a coil, but i don't have any
answers yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i've also noticed that with the 'one leg broke' condition, the points on the pump are still closed......they open only when the desired high pressure is reached...
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Instead of trying to back track on what might be incorrect, lets start at the beginning.Give me an equipment list of what you have now. Then how you want the system to work.I understand part, you have the water pump and it operates off a pressure switch, on at 42 and off at 72 psi.So, you now have a float switch and chemical pump to add in the mix in some fashion.Those are details needed.Let me know and we can continue,thanks