Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I stepped on the air conditioner cord that has a three way

Customer Question
and the stem is broken...
I stepped on the air conditioner cord that has a three way and the stem is broken and now is a two way. Can I use the two way to connect the air conditioner.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
7/20/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Please explain what you mean by a 3 way.
The plug to the air conditioner that connects to the surge protector has a plug and then a stem attach to the plug that is broken.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please give me your phone number.
I stepped on the air conditioner plug. I broke the stem on the three way plug and now I can connect the plug in without the
stem which would consider as a two way plug because I broke the stem to the air conditioner plug.
Home depot calls a plug with hook up and the stem a three way. .Can I use the air conditioner with the stem broken from the plug. I connect the air conditioner and it does work. I want to know would it cause a problem using the air conditioner that way.
I'm at a loss understanding what you mean by Stem. Could you upload a picture for review?
Mike, Master Electrician