Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I followed the diagram and it still won't work. I realized…

Customer Question
I followed the diagram and...
I followed the diagram and it still won't work. I realized that this outlet is for a large air conditioner, and all it is being used for is a washing machine, plugged in with an adapter. I just bought it because I wanted to just switch over the wires.
Now I have alittle more knowledge. Also I realized I had wired the outlet exactly the same way before without the pig tails; there were 2 holes on each side to connect the same colored wires to. Originally I thought this was a breaker problem and bought a
new one; does repeatedly trying to turn on the breaker when the outlet was not wired right kill it? I have not changed the breaker since I initially changed it the first time
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
no changes
Answered in 3 days by:
7/16/2015
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
I believe your issue is resolved, correct?
No. But I think there may be a short in the line. Waiting for landlord. Canceled subscription as I could not get any assistance the next day. But thank you
Thank you for letting me know. I'm sorry your experience here was not positive. I hope you'll consider using this site again in the future.