Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I followed the diagram and it still won't work. I realized

Customer Question

I followed the diagram and it still won't work. I realized that this outlet is for a large air conditioner, and all it is being used for is a washing machine, plugged in with an adapter. I just bought it because I wanted to just switch over the wires.
Now I have alittle more knowledge. Also I realized I had wired the outlet exactly the same way before without the pig tails; there were 2 holes on each side to connect the same colored wires to. Originally I thought this was a breaker problem and bought a
new one; does repeatedly trying to turn on the breaker when the outlet was not wired right kill it? I have not changed the breaker since I initially changed it the first time
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no changes
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
I believe your issue is resolved, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. But I think there may be a short in the line. Waiting for landlord. Canceled subscription as I could not get any assistance the next day. But thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for letting me know. I'm sorry your experience here was not positive. I hope you'll consider using this site again in the future.