Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Have installed a ceiling fan with a remote. the wires in the

Customer Question
Have installed a ceiling fan...
Have installed a ceiling fan with a remote. the wires in the ceiling junction box were red black white and green. we connected the white and black wires to the power wires for the remote and turned on the appropriate switch. With the remote we were able to turn on the light but the fan would not come on. We could hear the actuator of the remote going off but nothing happened to the fan. WE adjusted the DIP switches to make sure there was no interference and the light continued to work but the fan would still not work. Any ideas other than the fan is malfunctioning?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
7/7/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. How many wires from the fan? Are there pull chains on the fan?
no pull chains. Remote has 2 wires in and three wires out
Check the connections on the fan side of the receiver. The black and white wires.
checked the connections but will check again
connections seem solid and the light did come on indicating power
If they are good, pull the black wire and connect with the incoming to verify which is failing, fan or receiver.
fan doesn't work
Drop the light kit and check the molex connectors.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician