Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I just installed a underwater pool light and I needed to rewire

Customer Question
the electrical box with the...
I just installed a underwater pool light and I needed to rewire the electrical box with the new wiring. Unfortunately, my wiring project got delayed and now I am trying to figure out what wires to hook up. The electrical box has three tubes coming to it. The outside (right side as I look at it) tube has a green wire, a blue wire and a green wire. The middle tube has three wires a white wire, a black wire (goes up to the light switch box and a green wire. The inside (left side as I look at it) tube has four wires, a white wire, a red wire, a blue wire and a green wire. I did recall the green wire is the ground and connected this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
here is some pics of the electrical box
7/6/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.We need to determine where all the wires go to on the other end first.The cord, I would assume is tot he light, correct?The black and red in the one conduit probably to a switch, but to determone exactly, need to open the switch and see what wires are connected.The other conduit with the blue,red and white we need to determone also.Maybe power?Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester to test wires?Know the circuit breaker for this?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Mike, Master Electrician