Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Intermatic Et1125C. Replacing a mechanical timer running a pool pump and chlorinator. Brea…

Customer Question
Intermatic Et1125C. Replacing a mechanical...
Intermatic Et1125C. Replacing a mechanical timer running a pool pump and chlorinator. Breaker is 240. Where does white neutral wire hook up, and where do hot black and red connect? Does timer stay set on independent
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
And, which screws for load wires to pool pump and chlorinator connect
7/2/2015
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 3 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Need some details please.You have a 240 volt power supply from the breaker, correct?What voltage is the pool pump motor and what voltage is the chlorinator?Are they separate wires? Or off the same load wires?You have a neutral wire also it seems, so need the specifics of why in order to connect properly.Thanks
Whit neutral wire wasn't being used in the old mechanical timer
Ok, so the white was capped off?The pump motor and chlorinator are 230 volts and powered off the same wires out of the timer?
Im on my to the house, i have to check what the voltage is on the pump motor and the chlorinator.
Ok, very good.Need what wires are leaving the timer to power those items and their voltages.Thanks