Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

I have a Hampton Bay AC-436 ceiling fan. It doesn't respond

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay AC-436 ceiling fan. It doesn't respond to the remote but is in a mode where the fan turns and the light cycles on and off. Any ideas?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, with the Hampton Bay fans, this type of problem is essentially always due to a failed remote receiver. The receivers are prone to failure, and need to be replaced when they display these types of symptoms. If you would like me to do so, I can recommend a replacement remote/receiver kit. I usually recommend a kit from Lowe's, which is a Harbor Breeze brand, rather than Hampton Bay. It will fit in your fan just fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please let me know of the kit. I'll pick it up and install myself. Thanks!
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Happy to help. Here's a link to the Lowe's kit... http://www.lowes.com/pd_317998-1811-RCI-107L_0__?catalogId=10051&productId=3107737&UserSearch=317998&Ntt=317998&N=0&langId=-1&storeId=10151&rpp=24