How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7487
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am installing new electrical service to my home does the

Customer Question

I am installing new electrical service to my home does the main ground attach to the main panel box or the meter socket box also is it leagal in wyoming for the homeowner to install his own service and is a permit required
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. The grounding electrode conductor is terminated in the service panel, along with the supplementary ground to ground rod. As far as a homeowner doing his own work, in most places it is permitted. You need to check with your local authority to be sure.