Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I came home tonight and the master bedroom has no ligths.

Customer Question
Hi , i came home...
Hi , i came home tonight and the master bedroom has no ligths. The bathroom and closet are fine. I had some people working with power machines in the house today. I'm assuming they caused the problem . Checked the brakes and can't find the problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/26/2015
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Is the circuit breaker that controls the Master Bedroom also the same for the bath and closet or are these 2 rooms on a different breaker?
2) Are the bedroom wall receptacles also dead?
3) Does the circuit breaker contain a "test" button or just a regular circuit breaker? Just asking if the breaker is possibly an Arc Fault (AFCI) type of breaker?
4) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC voltmeter to take a few voltage measurements?
Mike, Master Electrician