Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just bought a Marathon Electric AC motor HP; 1, V; 115/208-230

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought a Marathon Electric AC motor HP; 1, V; 115/208-230 running on 110 to use for my boat lift. with the motor laying flat on a table the rotor would not turn after being plugged in and switch to on ( up or down ), I tighten a screw in the switch box and it will only work in the up position my nephew looked up the wiring for the motor and it's correct ?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.With boat hoists it gets very tricky when changing from one motor to the next because of the many wiring configurations from the switch to the motor.If you can get the 1. original motors nameplate and post a picture 2. the new motor nameplate3. The quantity of wires at the motor from the switch 4. The switch make and model That information may lead us in the right direction to determine what may the issue. Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the old motor is gone ! the new one has BH-usa on it and the switch has BREMAS written on it
Ok,The BH-usa is only the Boat House labeling, not the marathon motor information.The Bremas too is only a name, which doesn't help unfortunately for either.There are dozens of possibilities on each .Without the needed information, it isn't possible to determine anything.If you can get more, we can try from there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is 5 wires from the motor to the switch. the serial no. is 33789 hp: 1, V :115/208-230 RPM 1725 its a MARATHON electric AC motor
Ok,I will put the question back on the open board for others to review and respond if they feel they can assistNo need to reply, the site will notify you when the next expert posts.Thanks