Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a switch which ran the fan only and trying to update…

Customer Question
I have a switch...
I have a switch which ran the fan only and trying to update with a newer fan light combo.....in the new fan, there is a gray wire, blue wire and white wire.....from the junction box there is a ground (naked) and a black and white wire....what is the correct wiring Hooke up?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/22/2015
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) Can you provide me with the combo fan/light manufacturer name and the model number of the unit?

2) Do you want the fan and the light to run simultaneously when the wall switch is turned to the ON position?
Mike, Master Electrician