Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

Alex- I mindlessly wired two LED light fixtures in my new garage bathroom in series (1

Customer Question

HI Alex-
I mindlessly wired two LED light fixtures in my new garage bathroom in series (15a and 14/2) rather than in parallel with 14/3 as I should have. The switch is at the end of the run. With the single pole switch OFF the lights function beautifully and, as expected when the switch is turned ON the breaker pops. Is there a safe way to keep this set up without tearing out all my new drywall??
Thank you.
Rob
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Are the lights mounted to the garage ceiling? If so, do you have access above that space?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No access, they are in the wall :(
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, you need one more wire between the two fixtures. How far apart are they? How much drywall would you have to remove? Is the drywall already finished?