Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Single light switch ran wire black to black to new switch w/dimmer,

Customer Question
is hookup black to blackon...
Single light switch ran wire black to black to new switch w/dimmer, is hookup black to blackon dimmer switch?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/20/2015
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Are you replacing an existing switch or is this a new installation?
2) If an existing switch, what are the wire colors that were originally connected?
3) How many wires and what are the wire colors on the dimmer switch?
4) Can you provide me with the manufacturer name and model number of the dimmer switch?
5) What type of light bulbs are you using? Incandescent or CFL or LED?
Led bulbs,existing switch black to black new box three connection on dimmer switch new box to lights
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I got it done
No charge I hope
OK, very good. Take care and have a great weekend.........Thanks........Kevin!