Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I plugged the dryer cord in when there wasn't a dryer attached…

Customer Question
I plugged the dryer cord...
I plugged the dryer cord in when there wasn't a dryer attached and it sparked and biased at me. Now I plugged in a dryer and it doesn't work. Is there a way to reset the outlet?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/15/2015
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) Is the dryer a gas or an electric model? 120 or a 240 volt model?

2) If an electric dryer, is the receptacle a 3 or a 4 prong receptacle?

3) Have you reset the dryer branch circuit breaker? Not the main panel breaker, but the individual breaker for the dryer?

Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Hello Lisa,

Just wondering if you still need assistance on the dryer problem?

If so, just reply back to me.........Thanks.........Kevin!